Esc – the rain
1. “Iman” by Ryad Assani-Razaki (Original title: “La main d’Iman”): One handshake later and Toumani’s life turns 180 degrees. He is sold by his father to a young woman who promises poor people in this African country that their kids work in households of people in the city and in exchange get educated and have the possibility to have an independent life when grown up. Instead lots of kids become house slaves and get terribly abused as Tounami does. Iman who finds Tounami one day almost dead in the gully becomes his best friend. But Iman also carries luggage… Can one ever recover from such a trauma without becoming a perpetrator too? And why do you take the risk to cross the Mediterranean to come to Europe?
2. My new weekend breakfast utensile from Starstyling Berlin: Breakfast plate and little bowl, then filled with either mocca flavoured yoghurt from the Saturday market just down the road of my home or vanilla flavoured yoghurt from the supermarket topped with selfmade granola.
3. Escaping to summer holidays with Kaimana Body Oil “Earth”. I love body oils with a subtle smell. As I do not like perfume I always use them instead. The ingredients of “Earth” are: Sweet almond oil, macadamia oil, sesame oil aromatised with the etheric oils of sandelwood and patchouli.
4. Perfect for a rainy Sunday: Reading a book in my Eames rocking chair in the most comfy milkyway leggings by H&M. This is one of my clothes where I think: Damn why didn’t I buy a dozen…
5. Brilliant coffee table book and my escape bible: Off the Road – Explorers, Vans and Life off the Beaten Track. My dream vehicle: The Land Rover “Defender” to discover the coasts and hinterland of Europe and Morocco. What’s your favorite esc-vehicle?